I have been struggling with feeling motivated to work out. Along with that, I find it difficult to always remember what my main goals and motivations ARE, if they are not easily posted somewhere where I am likely to look at everyday. So, I decided to make these “motivation boards”.
I didn’t spend much money on these, but I think these are cute and useful as well, so win-win! I’m writing this blog post to let you know what I did so if you wanted to do something similar, it makes it easy for you to do so!
First, the supplies I used:
- Square cork boards, at walmart (four in one pack. I bought two packs because I wanted six boards)
- Adorable push pins, like these (also at walmart, I bought different ones than these)
And the rest of what you see, I made myself!
My first board is basically my starting weight/goal weight board. This is where I put:
- White paper with my starting weight written on it
- White paper with my goal weight written on it (haven’t gotten that far yet!)
- Whichever motivational quotes I could think of (for all of the motivational quotes that I included on these boards, I copied from my pinterest boards, printed, and cut out on regular white printer paper)
- Cute push pins to hold all of these things in place
My second board is where I put my goals/my main motivations:
- I wrote out the main motivations that I could think of on Word, and printed it out on blue paper because it was pretty
- Two postcards with awesome quotes that one of my friends made for me!
- A motivational quote (again from pinterest! If you need motivational quotes, check out my workout motivation pinterest board…)
Write the goals/motivations that speak to YOU! Ask yourself why you want so badly to do this. What are you motivations? Are you committed to this? Think through all these things, because this is a HUGE commitment that is difficult to stick with!
My third board is progress board:
- Two rows of decorative push pins to hold photos and explanations.
- Took these photos with my phone and printed them out on regular printer paper and cut them out. Hopefully I’ll be able to see some progress here within the next few months!
- Below the photos I have a small rectangular piece of paper (white printer paper) where I write the date so I can see myself making progress and I know the date!
(Please excuse the horrible photos…this is why I need to dedicate so much to changing myself!)
The main idea behind my fourth board is to put a calendar so I can write down my meal plans/workout challenges. So, here’s that board:
- Calendar (printed out for free from online & obviously I didn’t make much progress on this board…)
- A few motivational quotes
My fifth board is where I put my workout challenge that I want to focus on for the time being, however long that workout challenge is supposed to last (or how long I make it last):
- Current workout challenge sheet (I have several printed out so that I can replace this one, when I finish it. It’s slow-going to get through them, though, so I’m keeping this one up longer than I should because I haven’t completed it yet)
- One motivational quote
My sixth and final board is my affirmations board! I tend to get really down on myself (especially when nothing seems to be working and I don’t see any results), so I made this board to focus on the positives and what is good about myself. It’s really all about loving myself, instead of hating myself and who I am. Again, write affirmations that really work for YOU and that YOU need to hear and read about yourself often!
- I wrote out my affirmations and printed it on the same paper as I did my goals/motivations so that it would still be pretty, but be coordinated as well (and I purposely placed these boards several boards apart so it wouldn’t look too matchy).
- A couple motivational quotes
Basically, these motivation boards should speak to YOU and YOUR needs and wants. Whatever motivates YOU and speaks to you, put it on the boards! Are you working towards any BIG goals? I am now, so I need to think about how I can incorporate it into these boards! I also forgot that I also planned to pin up the next reward that I’m thinking about on one of the boards. Once I get that all put together, I hope to add that to keep me working and happy and rewarding myself!
I hope you like my idea! I would love to see and hear any ideas that you all have about how to stay motivated and committed and what you do to keep yourself in a good place 🙂 Happy Monday!